Google is looking for a program manager for its newly created AI center in Accra. An ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in program management and end-to-end project management.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in supporting the creation of a new organization/site/start-up. Experience in research/academia.
- Experience successfully coordinating projects within diverse teams towards a shared output.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- A drive to identify strategic opportunities, and ability to feel equally at home explaining recommendations to executives as well as discussing technical details with engineers.
- Passion for machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
Research and Machine Intelligence teams at Google tackles challenging problems in Computer Science and related fields. Being bold and taking risks is essential to what we do and allows our teams to make discoveries that impact users every day. That’s why coordinating all those efforts becomes one of the key components to success.
In this role, you’ll proactively manage the overall team/projects coordination and travel to other office locations as a member of the EMEA Technical/Program Management team.
There is always more information out there, and the Research and Machine Intelligence team has a never-ending quest to find it and make it accessible. We’re constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Instant, Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We’re providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn’t good enough. We’re just getting started.
- Support the team while moving projects forward.
- Help the team innovate to achieve creative and technical goals.
- Deliver projects using a combination of existing processes and initiatives.
- Keep the team focused and productive.
- Help establish new Research teams and projects. Define, implement and improve scalable and repeatable workflows for the teams by leveraging software tools, techniques, and automation.