23 Mar SFAN + Brave Venture Labs Partner to Equip Youths with Skills
Date: April 12, 2017
Venue: British Council, Accra
Time: 09:00 am to 04:00pm GMT
Quantum Leap Career Fair is SFAN’s pioneering annual career fair organized to connect the hiring needs of employers with the employment needs of job-seekers. This edition will create a space for some of the best and brightest industry leaders and recruiters in Ghana to share deep insights on the impact of technology on the future of work in Africa.
It is estimated that some 65% of children entering primary schools today will likely work in roles that don’t currently exist. According to a McKinsey study, many activities that workers carry out today could be automated.
What to expect:
- Meet with employers in an informal setting and learn more about jobs and internship opportunities offered by their companies
- Participate in one-on-one mentoring & C.V review sessions
- Take industry generated employability skills assessment
- Walk away with actionable game plan to upgrade your skills for the work of the future
According to Tom-Chris Emewulu, the Founder & President of SFAN:
“When we started SFAN, it was a move to provide the almost non-existent education to employment/entrepreneurship pipeline and help young people live to their full potentials. That is the purpose the Quantum Leap Career Fair seeks to satisfy. This year’s edition is of vital importance because we’d be introducing readyforwork.co, a web platform that will help firms access the top 10% of Ghanaian young workforce and help aspiring entrepreneurs unlock their entrepreneurial potentials. Our goal is to equip 1M youths with skills for ‘work of the future’ and entrepreneurship by 2020”.
Participation is free, but you must be pre-booked as available spaces are limited. Make your registrations by clicking here. The Keynote and Panel sessions will be streamed live on SFAN Facebook page.
As a business owner, this is a huge opportunity to get access to the right type audience, sorted to fill your company’s needs. If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor, securing a booth stand or have questions, concerns or comments, please e-mail SFAN.
SFAN is a high impact social enterprise that bridges the gap between education and work. The organization was established with a precise vision to raise the next generation of African leaders through the accomplishment of the following goals:
- Help young people have a smooth transition from education to work through mentorship, capacity development, and job/internship placement
- Offer opportunities for youths to turn their passion into a business or career by creating platforms for networking, incubation, and funding
- Build a community of change agents and doers.
Through innovative projects, products and programs, SFAN provide the missing links for youth development, education and entrepreneurship thereby contributing to building a self-sustained Africa.
What we did recently:
SFAN has been accepted into the prestigious Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) 2017. Hint: Last name under country, Ghana.